Check our current
Jack & Jill have an exciting opportunity for a full time receptionist in its busy office in Johnstown, Co. Kildare
- Meet & Greet visitors
- Managing Switchboard
- Maintain our email@example.com email.
- Managing Post and delivering post to post office at end of day
- Updating records of funds received
- Thank You letters
- Miscellaneous letters
- Transition year Coordinator
- Office support
- Maintaining reception area
Requirements for role
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the phone.
- Professional attitude, customer focused and committed to delivering excellent level of customer service at all times
- Proficient in Microsoft office
experience in a similar position is desirable
Salary €25,000 p.a. with 25 days holidays
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV with a covering letter to Deirdre Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date 12th January 2019
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEBSITE ADMINISTRATION)
- Location: Johnstown, Co. Kildare
- Hours: Monday to Friday
- Closing date: 16th November 2018
The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation is an Irish registered charity that provides direct funding to families of children up to the age of five who suffer severe intellectual and physical developmental delay, enabling them to purchase home respite care. Jack & Jill also provide end of life care to all children up to the age of five. The Foundation was founded by Jonathan Irwin and Mary Ann O’Brien following their extraordinary experiences with their son Jack that identified unfilled gaps in the care provided by the state when dealing with families with similar challenges.
The Jack & Jill model, based on Jonathan and Mary Ann’s experience of caring for their son Jack has changed little over 20 years. However, it is a model that has changed lives, making difficult care journeys for families a little easier and less lonely.
With 350 children under its wing, the Foundation has to raise over €3.5 million per annum to provide these life-changing services. and our retail outlets are a very significant part of our fundraising efforts. Jack & Jill funds 80% of its service through the continued loyalty and generosity of individual, family and corporate supporters and less than 20% through the Health Service Executive (HSE) grant.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Communications Coordinator to join our team. This person will report directly to the Communications Manager and will be responsible for building awareness and promoting Jack & Jill using all available digital channels. You will be the lead person responsible for content delivery and administration across all social media channels and our website and for driving engagement digitally with key audiences and stakeholders.
As Digital Communications Coordinator you will:
- Be responsible for creating the day-to-day content for the charity’s social media channels, and website (web development and system administration)
- Work closely with the Communications Manager, Fundraising and Nursing teams
- Contribute to email marketing campaigns, newsletters, blogs, events and meetings
- Develop and execute strategic campaigns and digital initiatives, both short and long term, with a focus on supporting the charities fundraising targets and increasing our reach
- Be interested in digital storytelling and social media strategies for a busy charitable organisation that has a tangible impact on the lives of the children and families we support
- Moderate/post/engage/respond and forward within the brand’s social communities
- Take the lead on future upgrades, management and maintenance of the website
- Will set, monitor and report on all key metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis
- Will identify, test and develop new channel opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Ensure optimisation of the Jack & Jill supporter journey using various analytical tools
Website Development and Administration:
- Manage website infrastructure/back-end components ensuring the site functions smoothly
- Monitor and evaluate performance by checking performance metrics. Assess user feedback, effectiveness and traffic and introduce evolving marketing techniques to attract users
- Provide technical support by being proactive when addressing user concerns and resolving bugs. Integrate web upgrades and improvements seamlessly
- Create and update webpages. This includes the ability to code and design new pages
Social Media and Analytics:
- Devise a comprehensive social media marketing strategy to engage current followers and expand our audiences across all platforms
- Develop powerful and engaging social media content, with imagery, copy and video
- Monitor, interpret and report analytics of social media and web using them to improve content, messaging and targeting
Digital Content Development:
- Plan, create and edit graphics, photo, videos and other media in advance and in response to opportunities
- Liaise with Jack & Jill nurses and families to engage them in our digital campaigns and ensure their participation is a positive experience
- Develop and maintain a library of high quality photos, videos, and other digital assets
What you need to do the job:
- A Degree in Multimedia, Communications, Marketing, Computer Science or related field
- 2-3 years’ work experience with a proven track-record in delivering results
- Proficiency in WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Adobe Suite, HTML, CSS, email marketing, payment tools, PowerPoint, video, PHP and Java web editing
- Proficiency using pay-per-click advertising tools and managing sponsored ad campaigns
- High level of experience of Publisher, Illustrator, or similar is required
- We are a charity, so integrity is an essential quality for all our staff
To apply for this role, please write, in strictest confidence, stating how you meet the above requirements – email email@example.com
Are you a qualified Nurse/Carer?
You can register with us and have your details
in our database for families seeking respite care
To register please go to: