»Information for Families
The Jack & Jill Service
The Jack & Jill Foundation provides nursing care and support for children with severe neurological development issues, as well as offering some respite to the parents and families
This could be through home visits from nurses, with practical tips on how to access the services a child will need. Listening to what parents want for their child and making representations on their behalf. Bereavement support and an online forum for parents. Lobbying the Government and the HSE.
Jack & Jill also provides direct funding to families, enabling them to buy home respite care to give them a break. The Foundation cannot cure the children. But it can help to alleviate some of the difficulties that exist.
Parents – Our Offer To You
The Jack & Jill Foundation provides home respite to families with children up to the age of 4, with severe neurological developmental delay and palliative conditions requiring extensive medical and nursing care at home.
If you’ve just found yourself in a new situation with your new baby or older child, don’t worry – help is at hand. We exist to help you get the best quality of life while caring for your child.
» Find a LIAISON NURSE in your area
Our Service includes:
- Home visits by our Liaison Officer/Nurse. The nursing team is available Monday to Friday and covers all of Southern Ireland.
- Advice on caring for a child at home.
- Advice and information on how to access all the services your child may require.
- Listening to what you want for your child, and making representations on your behalf.
- Direct funding to families to enable you to purchase home respite care.
- Lobbying Government/Health Boards/HSE on your behalf.
- Bereavement support and follow up.