The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is seeking a dynamic Communications and PR Manager to cover a maternity leave contract in 2023, starting end February 2023.
This role will support the Foundation’s overall integrated communications function and will report to the Head of Communications.
Johnstown Naas Co. Kildare
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week
9-12 Month Temporary (Maternity Leave Cover)
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an Irish children’s charity that funds and delivers specialist in-home nursing care and respite support for children from birth to six years of age who have highly complex and life-limiting medical conditions. This may include children with brain injury, genetic diagnosis, cerebral palsy and undiagnosed conditions. Another key part of our service is end-of-life care for all children up to the age of six, irrespective of diagnosis.
Our vision is that all families with children who need our care can access us. Our mission is empowering parents to care for their child at home, in communities across Ireland, because there is no care like home care for a Jack and Jill child.
We have supported over 1800 families across Ireland since we were set up by our pioneering founders, Jonathan Irwin and Mary Ann O’Brien, over 25 years ago.
We were incredibly proud to win the 2022 Good Governance Award for our 2021 Annual Report, demonstrating our high standards of good governance, accountability and transparency.
Our values, right across the charity, are care, courage, commitment, competence, compassion and communication.
With the growing demand on our service, and more families under our care than ever before – there over 400 currently under our wing in communities across Ireland – we are seeking a creative, dynamic and skilled storyteller who will help drive donations and support for the charity and to advocate for our Jack and Jill children, while also caring for their carers too.
The Communications and PR Manager will support the Head of Communications in the development and implementation of an integrated and targeted communications strategy that raises awareness, funds and drives results across digital and traditional media channels. The successful candidate will work cross functionally with various teams within the organisation, including Fundraising, Retail and Nursing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Head of Communications, in delivering Jack and Jill’s integrated communications strategy, demonstrating the reach and impact of the charity across the country, and driving donations.
- Building brand awareness of Jack and Jill through compelling family stories, showing the difference the charity’s service makes to families across the country.
- Managing a newsroom for Jack and Jill – pulling quotes from family stories for social and digital at national and local level; ability to jump on news opportunities relevant to the charity e.g. awareness days/weeks, sector news/campaigns etc.
- Draft and edit media materials, proposals and pitching to media.
- Creative planning of photography and videography that works in traditional and social media.
- Assist the team in auditing, researching and monitoring trends in communications.
- Identify key influencers and potential brand advocates for Jack and Jill.
- Contribute to Measurement and Evaluation Reports – ensuring we are always demonstrating impact, sharing learnings and evolving.
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience working inhouse or within an agency.
- Degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, or similar.
- Knowledge of local and national media is essential.
- Knowledge/understanding of the Not-for-Profit sector beneficial.
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills – a natural storyteller.
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment, with an emphasis on results.
- A proven track record of good teamwork.
- Significant experience of successful campaigns with an emphasis on results.
- Calm under pressure. Solution orientated.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn and improve.
- Proficiency in using MediaHQ preferable, but not essential.
- Full clean driver’s licence and access to a car.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a strong communications professional who is looking for a job with real purpose and who wants to be part of a growing and dynamic team within an organisation that truly demonstrates impact in communities across Ireland every day.
The renumeration package will reflect the responsibilities of the position and the calibre of the applicant.
If this sounds right for you and you have the required skills, we would love to hear from you!
Please email a cover Letter and CV that demonstrates why you are suitable for this job to [email protected].
Closing time and date 5pm, 18th January 2023.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.