Head of Communications
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week
Overview: The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is seeking a dynamic Communications and PR Manager to join its growing Communications team.
This role will support the Foundation’s overall integrated communications function and will report to the Head of Communications.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an Irish children’s charity that funds and delivers specialist in-home nursing care and respite support for children from birth to six years of age who have highly complex and life-limiting medical conditions.
This may include children with brain injury, genetic diagnosis, cerebral palsy and undiagnosed conditions. Another key part of our service is end-of-life care for all children up to the age of six, irrespective of diagnosis.
2022 is a significant year for Jack and Jill, as we celebrate the 25th Anniversary since our pioneering founders, Jonathan Irwin and Mary Ann O’Brien set up Jack and Jill in 1997.
Our vision is that all families with children who need our care can access us. Our mission is empowering parents to care for their child at home, in communities across Ireland, because there is no care like home care for a Jack and Jill child.
Our values, right across the charity, are care, courage, commitment, competence, compassion and communication
With the growing demand on our service, and more families under our care than ever before – there over 400 currently under our wing in communities across Ireland – we are seeking a creative, dynamic and skilled communicator who will play a key role in telling our compelling story to ultimately, drive donations and support for the charity and to advocate for our Jack and Jill children, while also caring for their carers too.
The Communications and PR Manager will support the Head of Communications in the development and implementation of an integrated and targeted communications strategy that raises awareness, funds and drives results across digital and traditional media channels. The successful candidate will work cross functionally with various teams within the organisation, including Fundraising, Retail and Nursing.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working across all aspects of internal and external communications, ideally in a charity or within an agency, delivering strategic objectives and results.
- Degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, or similar.
- Knowledge/understanding of the Not-for-Profit sector beneficial.
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills – a natural storyteller.
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment, with an emphasis on results.
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Significant experience of successful campaigns with an emphasis on raising funds and awareness.
- Experience of setting and managing a budget.
- A dynamic self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive, and a great team player.
- Calm under pressure. Solution orientated. Commitment to continuous learning, and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong project management and organisational skills. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Focused on performance outcomes and impact.
- Strong computer skills, in particular with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Zoom/ Teams and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Full clean driver’s licence and access to a car.
Please note, this role is based at the Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation Head Office in Johnstown, Kildare. This role is a 9am – 5pm, office-based role, with a hybrid model of working available.
Annual Leave: 25 days per year, not including bank holidays.
Pension Scheme and Health Insurance after 1 year service.
Other Benefits: Phone, mileage, staff parking.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a strong communications professional who is looking for a job with real purpose and who wants to be part of a growing and dynamic team within an organisation that truly demonstrates impact in communities across Ireland every day. If this sounds right for you and you have the required skills, we would love to hear from you!
Please email a cover Letter and CV that demonstrates why you are suitable for this job to [email protected]. Closing time and date 5pm, Tuesday, 7th June 2022.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.