Head of Communications
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week
Overview: The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is seeking a dynamic Digital Marketing Executive to join its growing Communications team.
This role will support the Foundation’s overall integrated communications function and will report to the Head of Communications.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an Irish children’s charity that funds and delivers specialist in-home nursing care and respite support for children from birth to six years of age who have highly complex and life-limiting medical conditions.
This may include children with brain injury, genetic diagnosis, cerebral palsy and undiagnosed conditions. Another key part of our service is end-of-life care for all children up to the age of six, irrespective of diagnosis.
2022 is a significant year for Jack and Jill, as we celebrate the 25th Anniversary since our pioneering founders, Jonathan Irwin and Mary Ann O’Brien set up Jack and Jill in 1997.
Our vision is that all families with children who need our care can access us. Our mission is empowering parents to care for their child at home, in communities across Ireland, because there is no care like home care for a Jack and Jill child.
Our values, right across the charity, are care, courage, commitment, competence, compassion and communication.
With the growing demand on our service, and more families under our care than ever before – there over 400 currently under our wing in communities across Ireland – we are seeking a creative, dynamic and skilled digital marketing expert who will play a key role in driving brand awareness and donations online by telling our story.
The Digital Marketing Executive will support the Head of Communications in the development and implementation of an integrated digital marketing strategy that raises awareness, funds and drives results across digital channels for Jack and Jill.
The successful candidate will work cross functionally with various teams within the organisation, including Fundraising, Retail and Nursing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the integrated digital and social media communications strategy for Jack and Jill, in collaboration with the Head of Communications, keeping the organisation top of mind in terms of awareness and donations.
- Develop a newsroom of content from existing materials, media features, family testimonials, campaigns, calendar/awareness dates, corporate partnerships, community fundraisers and new news, so that Jack and Jill has an always-on flow of fresh content across our social and digital channels.
- Work cross-functionally with the Fundraising, Retail and Nursing teams to ensure all digital and social media requirements are managed in a timely and efficient manner, in tandem with the wider communications agenda.
- Collate content into a social media calendar that is planned one month in advance, allowing flexibility to accommodate ad hoc content, as required by the organisation.
- Plan, create and execute social graphics, infographics, photography, videography and other assets; manage paid and organic campaigns, and oversee the day-to-day running of our web and social content requirements, engaging our followers/audience and inspire them to share and/or donate.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Jack and Jill websites (www.jackandjill.ie and www.incognito.ie), with Heads of Fundraising and Retail maximizing engagement and improving the user experience for our target audiences.
- Ensure our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is enhanced for Jack and Jill across our various campaigns and platforms.
- Review our competitive set, and beyond, for inspiration and share content and ideas where relevant. Consider the Jack and Jill point of view.
- Ensure all materials developed for are in line with our new Jack and Jill Brand Guidelines.
- Identify, test and develop new channel opportunities and innovations for Jack and Jill.
- Build audience profiles across all platforms.
- Identify key influencers, and potential brand advocates on social networks, connecting and develop relationships with them on behalf of Jack and Jill.
- Maintain and build relationships with Irish based social media partners and/or related agencies i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Google Ads, Google Analytics, You Tube, TikTok, LinkedIn, Instagram, Give Panel etc. to ensure Jack and Jill is top of mind for local support and process applications for grants, where applicable.
- Attendance at industry events and training sessions and share learnings with the wider team.
- Manage external agency supports, as required.
- Write Measurement and Evaluation reports – ensuring we are always demonstrating impact, sharing learnings and evolving.
- Create and innovate – bring fresh new ideas to the table.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working across all aspects of digital marketing communications, ideally in a charity or within an agency, delivering strategic objectives and results.
- Knowledge/understanding of the Not-for-Profit sector beneficial.
- Degree or equivalent in Digital Marketing, or similar.
- Knowledge/Experience in working with Google Ad Grants NFP and Facebook/Instagram/TikTok and LinkedIn advertising.
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills.
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment, with an emphasis on results.
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Exemplary creative content development skills – graphics, videography, photography, infographics etc. and copywriting skills.
- Exemplary strategic planning skills – execution and implementation of paid, owned, earned digital marketing campaigns that deliver bottom line results, awareness and engagement.
- Experience of managing a budget.
- Calm under pressure. Solution orientated. Commitment to continuous learning, and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Focused on performance outcomes and impact.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with social media management tools such as HootSuite and TweetDeck, or similar content scheduling platforms.
- Experience developing and executing paid digital marketing campaigns and ad management: Google ads, SEM, Facebook Ads platform, You Tube etc.
- Experience in WordPress and email marketing systems i.e. MailChimp.
- Knowledge of image and video editing software i.e. Canva, Photoshop etc.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Zoom/ Teams and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Full clean driver’s licence and access to a car
Please note, this role is based at the Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation Head Office in Johnstown, Kildare. This role is a 9am – 5pm, office-based role, with a hybrid model of working available.
Annual Leave: 25 days per year, not including bank holidays.
Pension Scheme and Health Insurance after 1 year service.
Other Benefits: Phone, mileage, staff parking.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a strong digital marketing executive who is looking for a job with real purpose and who wants to be part of a growing and dynamic team within an organisation that truly demonstrates impact in communities across Ireland every day. If this sounds right for you and you have the required skills, we would love to hear from you!
Please email a cover Letter and CV that demonstrates why you are suitable for this job to [email protected]. Closing time and date 5pm, Tuesday, 7th June 2022.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.