Retail Area Manager
Hours of Work
1 day per week with additional days as required
Permanent / Part Time
Overview: The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation are looking for a Part Time Relief Shop Manager to join the team. If you are self motivated, good with people and want to make a real difference, we want to hear from you.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an Irish registered charity that funds and provides in-home nursing care for children with highly complex medical conditions up to the age of six. Jack and Jill also provide end of life care for children under 6, regardless of the diagnosis.
Today Jack and Jill have 400 children under its wing, nationwide. Every year Jack and Jill has to raise €4m to provide this service and the retail arm of Jack and Jill is a very important part of this Fundraising.
To cover shop managers when they are on leave, as required, in a manner, which reflects high street retail standards and maintains the professionalism and profile of the charity in all areas of operation.
This position covers a number of Charity boutiques over the Midlands and West of the Country. You must be willing and able to travel at short notice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage charity boutiques and warehouse when required.
- To maintain operational standards that are consistent with or exceed industry norms.
- To ensure that any interaction with customers is carried out in a manner that is courteous and professional.
- To maintain accurate records of all sales and payments and to ensure that agreed procedures regarding banking and cash security are always observed.
- To support and proactively manage all Tus/CE placements.
- To maintain a safe environment for customers, volunteers and staff and where appropriate to immediately report to the Area Manager any hazard that puts the safety of customers, volunteers or staff at risk.
- To ensure that agreed stock management procedures are observed and that merchandising, and windows display opportunities are always maximised.
- To act as a contact for Jack and Jill as the shop is a window into the community for Jack and Jill.
- To travel to Jack and Jill Charity boutiques over the region as needed
- Good customer service.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good relationship building.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Can motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards.
- Must have clean driving licence and own car (mileage will be paid in accordance with Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation policies)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send curriculum vitae and cover letter Maggie Malone at [email protected]. Closing Date for applications is Friday, June 17th.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.