Head of Fundraising
Hours of Work
24 hours per week
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an Irish children’s charity that funds and delivers specialist home nursing and end-of-life care for children from birth to six years of age who have highly complex and life-limiting medical conditions. Its mission is to empower parents to care for their child at home, in communities across Ireland.
The Corporate Executive (Connacht) will report directly to the Head of Fundraising and will be a key part of a regional network to support the delivery of ambitious plans to grow corporate fundraising income. This will involve new and existing corporate relationships and networking on a county-by-county basis to generate donations, sponsorship, and partnership opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Executive will be responsible for:
- Developing and supporting corporate fundraising partnerships.
- Researching and targeting local business on behalf of Jack and Jill.
- Providing a representation of Jack and Jill to corporates within regional communities.
- Identifying and applying for local funding opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities to engage with past and existing partners through online and offline communication channels.
- Meeting individual and income targets.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate records of client contact and donations on CRM in order to maximise income from our database and ensure appropriate communication with corporate supporters.
- Maintaining and developing existing corporate relationships including providing excellent account management.
- Working with the wider Jack and Jill team on opportunities for corporate engagement in Jack and Jill events and initiatives.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in fundraising or sales environment.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and proven track record.
- Experience in writing and delivering presentations and speeches in both a face-to-face and virtual environment.
- Good understanding of the voluntary sector and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills, in particular with MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint Zoom/ Teams, and CRM.
- Excellent organisational skills and good networker both online and in person.
- A positive and proactive approach to recruiting corporate opportunities and achieving targets.
- A creative thinker and quick to respond to opportunities.
- Excellent Relationship management.
- Adept at time management, planning, and multi-tasking.
- Calm under pressure.
- A full clean driving license and access to a car are essential.
Please note, this role is remote-based. A monthly meeting is required to be attended in Portlaoise.
If you’re persuasive, and highly organised with an understanding and appreciation of the importance of corporate fundraising, we want to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Closing date 5pm, Friday, 5th August 2022.
Pension Scheme and Health Insurance after 1-year service.
Other Benefits: Phone, mileage, staff parking.
Please email a cover Letter and CV that demonstrates why you are suitable for this job to [email protected]. Closing time and date 5pm, Friday, 5th August 2022.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.