The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is seeking a Retail Area Manager to cover the Connacht region with immediate start.
This role will support the Foundation’s overall integrated retail function and will report to the Head of Retail.
The job is based in the Connacht region with over 50% travel in the Connacht region and surrounding counties
Hours of Work
24 hours per week over 3 to 4 days - with some out of hours work as needed
Part - Time
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an Irish children’s charity that funds and delivers specialist in-home nursing care and respite support for children from birth to six years of age who have highly complex and life-limiting medical conditions. This may include children with brain injury, genetic diagnosis, cerebral palsy and undiagnosed conditions. Another key part of our service is end-of-life care for all children up to the age of six, irrespective of diagnosis.
Our vision is that all families with children who need our care can access us. Our mission is empowering parents to care for their child at home, in communities across Ireland, because there is no care like home care for a Jack and Jill child.
We have supported over 1800 families across Ireland since we were set up by our pioneering founders, Jonathan Irwin and Mary Ann O’Brien, over 25 years ago.
We were incredibly proud to win the 2022 Good Governance Award for our 2021 Annual Report, demonstrating our high standards of good governance, accountability and transparency.
Our values, right across the charity, are care, courage, commitment, competence, compassion and communication.
Every year Jack and Jill has to raise over €6m to provide our vital home nursing care service and end-of-life support. With just 25% of our funding coming from the HSE, our retail fundraising plays a very important part in raising these funds.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Area Manager for the Connacht Region to join our Retail team. This person will report directly to the Head of Retail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide full operations support, direction and guidance to our current retail outlets.
- Develop and lead a team of store managers, store volunteers, Tus workers and CE participants working in the retail network within the Connacht Region – The position currently is based within the Connacht region but may need to expand outside that area as the shop network expands.
- Encourage the involvement of existing volunteers and actively promote the recruitment of new volunteers from all sectors of the Community.
- Ensure all staff, volunteers TUS an CE participants are compliant with Foundation policies and good working practice .
- Source and open new retail outlets for the Foundation in line with the Foundations Retail strategy.
- Support and guide managers to maximise profits in each retail outlet.
- Work closely with and support Jack and Jill’s other Retail Area Manager.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with local strategic partners.
- Source avenues for Stock generation.
- 3+ years in a similar role.
- Experience managing people.
- You own a car and have a clean driving licence as you’ll spend over 50% of your time on the road.
- Be a team player with a proven track record in reaching targets.
- Have Integrity which as a charity is an essential quality for all our staff.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a ‘Can Do’ attitude.
It would also be great if you had –
- Charity retail experience.
- Knowledge or experience of the needs of volunteers.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a strong retail professional who is looking for a job with real purpose and who wants to be part of a growing and dynamic team within an organisation that truly demonstrates impact in communities across Ireland every day.
Please email a cover Letter and CV that demonstrates why you are suitable for this job to [email protected].
Closing time and date 5pm, 20th February 2023.
The Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.