Retail Area Manager
€28000 - €29500
Full-Time - Permanent
The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation are recruiting for a Shop Manager for their brand new Youghal Store.
The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation is an Irish registered charity that funds and provides in-home nursing care for children with highly complex medical conditions up to the age of six. Jack & Jill also provide end of life care for children under 6, regardless of the diagnosis.
Today Jack & Jill have 397 children under its wing nationwide. Every year Jack & Jill has to raise €6m to provide this service and the Retail arm of Jack & Jill is a very important part of this Fundraising.
Job Title: Shop Manager
Reporting To: Retail Area Manager
Hours of Work: 5 out of 6 days per week (10am – 5:30pm) Monday to Saturday
Location:Youghal, Cork, CO. Cork
Contract Type: Full-Time – Permanent
Salary: €28,000 – €29,500
To assist in the managing of a Jack and Jill Boutique, in a manner, which reflects high street retail standards and maintains the professionalism and profile of the charity in all areas of operation.
· To achieve and exceed agreed sales targets
· To maintain operational standards that are consistent with or exceed industry norms.
· To ensure that any interaction with customers is carried out in a manner that is courteous and professional.
· To maintain accurate records of all sales and payments and to ensure that agreed procedures regarding banking and cash security are always observed.
· To support and proactively manage all Tus/CE placements and to recruit and support a team of volunteers.
· To maintain a safe environment for customers, volunteers and staff and where appropriate to immediately report to the Area Manager any hazard that puts the safety of customers, volunteers or staff at risk.
· To ensure that agreed stock management procedures are observed and that merchandising, and windows display opportunities are always maximised.
· To act as a contact for Jack and Jill as the shop is a window into the community for Jack & Jill
· To support Jack and Jill fundraising initiatives.
· Good customer service
· Ability to multitask
· Strong Attention to detail
· Good team player
· Excellent organisational skills
· Can motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards
· A clean driving licence and access to a car is desirable
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send curriculum vitae and cover letter including current remuneration package to: Stacey, Retail Area Manager. Email: [email protected]
The closing date for applications 21st May 2023
The Jack & Jill Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Sick pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
Youghal, Cork, CO. Cork P36 P029: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 21/05/2023