The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation is seeking a
Head of Finance
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week
Johnstown Co. Kildare
All aspects of finance including statutory accounts, the budget
process, managing funding streams, leading the finance team and
being a key member of the management team.
The responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver timely and accurate preparation of the Budgets, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly
and Annual accounts and all associated reports in accordance with statutory, fiscal and legal requirements and in compliance with the Charities Regulator.
- Lead and develop a high-performance finance team by closely managing the team’s
performance and professional development.
- Ownership of the annual / monthly budget and the continuous monitoring and
reporting of actual v budget.
- Actively participate & represent the charity in meetings with the key funders including the HSE, corporate partners and donors, including the HSE.
- Manage overall cashflow on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Research and Apply for Grants, Tax Credits and any other Government Agency finance related matters
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts in this area
- Review and control weekly information in relation to finance and fundraising.
- Support fundraising through ongoing reviews of corporate sponsorships and
- Reforecasting budget on a quarterly basis.
- Debtors / Creditors overview and troubleshoot where necessary to ensure orderly
- Payroll overview to ensure accuracy and enhance reporting.
- Preparation of all financial information to go to the Board.
- Developing, analysing and reporting on Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintaining clear emphasis on cost reduction & greater efficiency
- Manage and motivate the finance team and ongoing reports and advice to the
management team and Board.
- Develop and improve internal systems and controls.
- Active management of external relationships with suppliers, creditors, insurance companies, HSE, etc.
- Participate in development of improved finance, IT and operations policies as a member of the management team.
- A qualified Accountant – ACCA / CIMA / ACA or similar
- A broad appreciation of commercial and corporate challenges
- An understanding of the healthcare system in Ireland and the role of Jack & Jill in children’s home nursing care
- A strong systems and controls development and implementation experience
- Experience in negotiating with the HSE is a plus
Behaviours / Values
- Energetic and Dynamic with strong interpersonal skills
- Approachable, enthusiastic and objective.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to influence, and drive change within an organisation
- Attention to detail with excellent organisational skills and proven ability to handle multiple tasks / priorities.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Team leader, team player and individual contributor.
- Strong communications and excellent people management skills
- A high degree of computer literacy, knowledge of standard Microsoft applications
- Results focused and be highly committed to providing an excellent standard of service in finance to sustain the work of the charity
Note. As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of the Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation and our journey towards sustainability and best practice in governance and charity compliance, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
To apply, please email a covering letter with your CV to [email protected]
Closing date is COB Friday 11th October 2019