The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation is seeking a
Corporate Fundraising Manager
Head of Fundraising and Communications
Overview: The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundations seeks a Corporate Fundraising Manager to develop the organisation’s engagement with the Irish Business Community.
This is a critical role within the Jack & Jill Fundraising team. The successful candidate will assist the Head of Fundraising and Communications to research, secure and manage a growing portfolio of corporate partnerships in support of the organisation.
Additional responsibilities will include support of the Head of Fundraising and Communications as regards the outreach and cultivation of major gift donors and Trusts & Foundations.
- To research and secure new corporate partnerships in aid of Jack & Jill in collaboration with the Head of Fundraising and Communications.
- To manage existing corporate partnerships with aim to facilitate renewal income.
- To work with the wider Jack & Jill team to identify and develop new opportunities for corporate engagement.
- Responsibilities will also include collaboration with the Head of Fundraising and Communications to support and grow individual major donor base and engagement with trusts & foundations based in Ireland and abroad.
- Donor Research: Working with the Head of Fundraising & Communications, to Research potential corporate supporters and plan and deliver engaging approaches to them to secure support for Jack & Jill.
- Outreach: Maintain and develop the existing portfolio of corporate relationships including through provision of excellent account management.
- Identify, secure and develop new corporate partnership opportunities, capitalising on Jack & Jill’s community reach and reputation across the country; also focusing on sponsorship opportunities, Charity of the Year partnerships, corporate social responsibility donations, employee fundraising, payroll giving, gifts in kind etc.
Act as an ambassador for Jack & Jill.
- Project Management: Assist in the development and implementation of new and existing corporate partnership products.
- Sector Research: Maintain and develop knowledge of Ireland’s corporate sector ensuring all fundraising opportunities are maximised. Active on LinkedIn and other business platforms and social media feeds to reach targets.
- Team: Support the Jack & Jill fundraising team through relevant support of online fundraising platforms, social media feeds and associated communication tools.
- Admin: Oversee and implement all relevant administration, including – recording of income, thanking and reporting for donations received, maintaining timely engagement with prospects and donors, producing scheduled activity and income reports, routine updating of the J&J CRM database with key contacts and information.
- Team: Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to maximise fundraising income and help out on fundraising drive as required.
- Meet income and expenditure targets on corporate accounts managed.
To undertake any additional and appropriate functions as required.
Corporate Fundraising Manager Qualifications/Skills
- Third level qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Proven successful experience in corporate fundraising or a sales environment generating significant income.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a number of senior and diverse relationships.
- Experience of achieving financial targets and keeping financial records.
- Have excellent relationship building skills and a track record in creating mutually beneficial partnerships within the corporate sector.
- Experience in writing and delivering presentations and speeches.
- Proven experience of working with a fundraising database
Skills and Knowledge
- Clear understanding of the role of fundraising within the charity sector.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand the strategic aims of the organization and to translate these into presentations.
- Strong computer skills, in particular with MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint.
- Highly motivated and can work well on their own and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills and good networker both online and in person.
- Positive and pro-active approach to recruiting corporate partners and achieving targets.
- Self Motivator and able to motivate others.
- A creative thinker and quick to respond to opportunities.
- Sensitivity to the needs of donors and our client group.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work evenings and weekends where appropriate.
- Driver with use of own vehicle.