Leinster Rugby star Eoin O’Malley is encouraging more people to get into training for the 2013 Terenure 5 mile on Sunday 19th May sponsored by Zurich Insurance and in aid of the Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation.
Probably the flattest course in Dublin, The Terenure 5 mile, now in its 29th year and formerly known as the Dublin 5 mile classic will be bigger and better than ever this year. Organised by Sportsworld Running Club and with over 1,100 participants last year, this event raised €15K for charity and Jack & Jill are absolutely delighted to be the beneficiary charity for this popular event which takes place around the local Terenure area. Jack & Jill’s charity partner, Zurich Insurance, are the main sponsor of this year’s race and Eddie Hobbs, financial guru and Jack & Jill patron, will officially start the race at 11am on Sunday, 19th May.
Participants are asked to register online on www.terenure5mile.com, with an entry fee of €20.
Downloadable forms for groups and individuals are also available online.
Race features include:
· Fast flat AAI (Athletics Ireland) certified course
· Chip timing for all runners, joggers etc
· High quality technical T-shir
· €4,000 in prizes along with numerous spot prizes
· Post race refreshments, plus full facilities, showers, car parking etc
· Entry fee maintained at €20 and includes on-line registration fee
· Registration for group entries is €18 for groups of 6 or more
· Registration for schools is €120 per school, which includes up to 10 pupils
· This year’s race will also include a schools challenge, triathlon challenge and a corporate challenge.