The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation is seeking a
Head of Communications and Fundraising
Johnstown Co. Kildare
Fulltime / Permanent
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and deliver a fundraising strategy balancing creative campaigns like Jack & Jill’s Incognito art sale, with our regular giving programme to achieve €3.5 million income per annum.
- Lead the fundraising team in meeting targets.
- Increase and develop brand awareness of Jack & Jill through compelling stories that show our reach and reputation across the country.
- To develop key messages for the Charity and act as spokesperson alongside our CEO
- Develop and deliver high-impact communications strategies across all platforms including digital, public relations, brand, marketing, events, sponsorships and publications.
- Lead & motivate the fundraising and communications team to achieve Jack & Jill’s strategic objectives.
- Plan and agree the budget with the Head of Finance for strategic and fundraising
deliverables. Implement measures to optimise team and individual performance.
- Secure sponsorship and corporate partnerships for key fundraising events and campaigns.
- Plan and deliver exceptional proposals, measuring impact and return on investment
- Develop our panel of corporate partners whose vision and values match that of Jack & Jill’s, where care, community and charity really does begin at home.
Person Specification – Requirements
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Excited to work in a fast-paced creative environment. Your role helps to fund and deliver home nursing and end-of-life care to very sick children across Ireland – keeping families together at home.
- Results focused. Significant experience of successful fundraising or sales across multiple platforms.
- Experience of winning major pitches. Proven track record of building high-impact brands and campaigns. Proven ability to lead and develop key stakeholder relationships.
- Story telling proficiency – writing and editing to create compelling fundraising and campaign materials.
- Excellent media relations and be a voice for Jack & Jill organisation.
- Experience of business planning, including setting and managing a budget.
- Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organisation and its services.
- Strategic and inquisitive thinker.
- A high standard of interpersonal communications, influencing, and negotiating skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to set high standards of performance to ensure that external service providers and team members are focused on performance outcomes.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A dynamic self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive.
- Appropriate 3rd level qualification.
- Full driving licence